Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Mom

My mom's birthday was on Friday. It was a pretty big birthday so my brothers, dad and I decided to throw her a party. She's not big into the whole being center of attention thing so I knew she wouldn't agree to having a birthday party for herself. So we didn't consult her on it and we threw a Surprise Party last night. She was REALLY surprised. I was a little scared that she was going to kill me afterwards but I kept thinking that once she was there she would enjoy herself and not be so mad. I was right! Phew...




I'm so glad that so many of her friends and family could make it. The party turned out so good and I really think my mom enjoyed herself. It was so fun to do this for her!


In order to justify myself for putting this little shin-dig together for you Mom:
  • Because you're the best!

  • I knew you would never do anything like this for yourself. You do so much for others (especially us kids) that you sacrifice putting yourself first in order to take care of everyone else.

  • You have so many friends and family that I knew would love to celebrate with you.

  • You're one of my very best friends!

  • All these years, even though some of them have been tough, you seem to pull through everything that's thrown at you and you keep going. I admire you for that.

  • You've always been and still are such a good example to me and my brothers.

  • You make me laugh - you always do. Everyone that knows you love you and adore you because you are a genuinely fun, loving, good person.

  • And because I love you.

So Happy Birthday Mom. I hope it was memorable and I hope you loved it (and you're not mad....)! I love you!


2 comments:

Margo said...

You are such a brave girl. I can't believe you dared do that after all "our talks". Good thing it turned out so well and was so much fun. Can we do it again soon?! Thank you for all your hard work and sorry about all the stress you went through. I love you Megs!

Chris & Jamie said...

You are such a good daughter! Your Mom really is awesome and I'm glad everthing turned out so great!